Rubber dam instruments
Isolate the operating field for maximum safety in all operations: discover the advantages of our instruments dedicated to dental dams.
The DENTAL DAM, invented more than a century ago by Dr. Barnum, is used in dentistry mainly for endodontic therapy to reduce contamination and to maintain the operative field dry and isolated during the treatment. The main function is to isolate the tooth being treated from its environment, in particular from the bacteria in the oral cavity: this ensures a clean and dry operative field without contamination from blood or saliva.
Discover our new dam kit BLACK VERSION
Used in various disciplines from endodontics to conservatives, the new NERO dam kit offers many advantages:
- It reduces the risk of accidentally cutting the patient’s tongue or lips
- It protects the patient’s airway from any materials which may fall into it during treatment
- The full isolation of the operative field allows the use of unpleasant antiseptic substances (such as Sodium hypochlorite) for rinsing the endodontic canals
- The saliva ejector is not necessary since the operating field is isolated
- Rubber dam use unquestionably reduces the potential for swallowing or aspiration of residual amalgam or resin
- The rubber dam prevents the patient from speaking to the dentist and it also inhibits the patient’s need to rinse out by reducing the accumulation of fluids in the mouth
- The clamp in some cases, facilitates the gingival displacement during the vestibular canal obturation
Request more information!
"*" indicates required fields